Cosmetology originates from the combination of two Greek words that, together, mean the study of beauty. Including hair styling, cosmetics, manicures, and skin care, there is no limit to what you can focus on and specialize in. We train every student in the various branches to help them better understand how beauty works as a whole. When a customer comes to you looking for a specific style, we make sure you have the training necessary to satisfy their needs. We also teach you how to analyze the different regions of the head or body in order to determine there are no disorders that must be addressed before proceeding in order to ensure the safety of both you and the client.
Opportunities in the Field of Cosmetology
- Hair Color Technician
- Manicurist/Makeup Artist
- Skin Care Specialist
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Nail Sculpturist
- School Supervisor
- Platform Artist
- State Board Examiner
- Men’s Stylist/Salon Manager
- Cosmetician Instructor
- Salon Owner/Wig Stylist
- Beauty Counselor
- US Olympics Hair Style Team
Each curriculum shall consist of a designed number of clock hours of technical instruction and practical operations covering all practices constituting the art of cosmetology pursuant to Section 7316 of the Barbering and Cosmetology Act. Technical instruction includes demonstrations, lectures, classroom participation and examinations. Practical operation encompasses actual performance by the student of a complete service on another person or mannequin.
Cosmetology Course – 1600 Hours
- Learn the proper use of implements relative to all cosmetology services
- Acquire the knowledge of analyzing the scalp, face, and hands prior to all services to determine any disorder.
- Will learn the procedures and terminology used in performing all cosmetology services.
- Will learn the application of daytime and evening makeup to include the application of false strip eyelashes.
- Will learn the proper procedure of manicuring to include water and oil manicure and pedicures.
- Will learn the applications for brush-on nails, nail wrap, and nail tips.
Cosmetology Class Schedules
FULL-TIME 40 HOURS A WEEK (PRIVATE PAY NON-TITLE IV)
Tuesday – Saturday 9:00AM TO 5:30PM
FULL-TIME 35 HOURS A WEEK (TITLE IV)
Tuesday – Saturday 9:00 AM TO 4:30 PM
PART-TIME 28 HOURS A WEEK (PRIVATE & TITLE IV)
Tuesday- Friday 9:00AM TO 2:00PM
Saturday 9:00 AM TO 5:30 PM
Class Start Dates
JANUARY: 1/8, 1/22
FEBRUARY: 2/5, 2/19
MARCH: 3/12, 3/26
APRIL: 4/2, 4/16, 4/23,
MAY: 5/7, 5/21
JUNE: 6/4, 6/18, 6/25
JULY: 7/16, 7/23, 7/30
SEPTEMBER: 9/3, 9/17
NOVEMBER: 11/12, 11/26
DECEMBER: 12/3, 12/17